The history-enriched, colorful city of Copenhagen is famous for its top cuisine, innovation and fashion. Come and explore the magic in this fairytale city and see why it’s citizens are some of the happiest on earth.
There is so much to explore in this small city. From gardens, to royal palaces, its mix of classic and modern architecture will allure you.
- Nyhavn - The colourful houses along the central canal of Nyhavn is a definite Must Do in Copenhagen. One’s stop in Copenhagen is not complete without a stroll around the aesthetically pleasing walkways.
- Canal Boat Ride - To make the most of the stunning views of this harbour town, take a ride on the canal boats. Hop on one from Nyhavn and enjoy the sights. From the water, you can see the views of the famous Little Mermaid statue, the Opera House, parliament buildings and the Black Diamond, the architecturally-awarded National Library.
- Rent a bike - One of the easiest methods to explore Copenhagen is to immerse yourself as the locals do. Hire the electric cycles that Copenhagen has to offer in many convenient cycle stations and spend the day experiencing the culture from the seat of your bike.
- Tivoli - The city is also home to the two oldest theme parks in the world. Tivoli Gardens, the second oldest, is conveniently located in the city centre. Rollercoasters is not the only thing this location offers; spectacular gardens, aquariums, top restaurants, and premium entertainment from a concert hall, theatre stage or an outdoor stage. If you are in the city on a Friday night during the summer months, check out the free concerts held inside the grounds.
From streetfood to Michelin star restaurants, Copenhagen offers its own twist on Nordic food.
- Copenhagen Street Food - Located in the heart of the harbour on Papirøen, this industrial warehouse is full of lively entertainment and food stalls suited to all tastes. For the real Copenhagen experience, sit outside and embrace the views outside of the Opera House and Royal Playhouse.
- Meatpackers District - In the hip suburb of Vesterbro lies the Copenhagen’s old Meatpackers District. Similar to New York’s Meatpacking District, this location has recently been transformed to host a range of high quality restaurants and bars.
- Tårnet - This premium restaurant is located inside Denmark’s parliamentary tower. With spectacular views of the entire city from the viewing tower above the restaurant, Tårnet is also the destination of choice to taste Danish delicatessens. Tårnet offers two menus, the traditional open-faced sandwiches for lunch and Danish dishes for dinner.
Hosting some of the top shopping destinations in Scandinavia, Copenhagen is the place to shop for renowned Scandinavian design.
- Strøget - The walking street of Strøget is lined with high-end designers to the usual chain brands. This wonderful shopping destination will keep you busy as it is the longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe.
- Hay House - The home to the Danish design company Hay. The flagship showroom and minimarket features Hay’s designer furniture and contemporary accessories. This store also features exceptional views that look out across Amagertorv, Strøget’s main square.
- Bredgade - Another ultimate shopping street in the heart of Copenhagen, Bredgade, is home to several antique and contemporary art galleries. The street is perfect for those who enjoy window shopping and immersing themselves with the renowned Scandinavian design culture. Galleri Christoffer Egelund is a top pick along this street with his focuses on high-quality Scandinavian and international contemporary art.
- Tivoli Hotel - This fun, quirky hotel has close ties with Tivoli Gardens and is close to city centre, only a few minutes away from popular spots like the Strøget and Nyhavn. It also includes a fitness area, swimming pool, and indoor and outdoor playgrounds.
- Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel - Home of the Copenhagen Casino Copenhagen, is the only of its kind in the city. It's perfect location has views overlooking the canals of Copenhagen.
- AC Hotel Bella Sky - The distinctive, modern architecture of this hotel hosts a 23rd floor-sky bar. This hotel also lies adjacent to the Bella Convention and Congress Center making it the perfect accomodation for those attending expositions in the area.
Find these hotels and the latest accommodation offers with FCM SmartSTAY - exclusive to FCM customers.